Webinar Series: The Post-Pandemic Energy Sector: Lessons and Challenges
time: 1:00 - 2:00 PM (ET)
The Energy Bar Association's Southern Chapter and the Public Utility Research Center at the University of Florida present a three-panel webinar series taking place each Monday for three weeks starting Monday, June 29, 2020. Each Monday will feature a different panel to discuss the lesson and challenges of the post-pandemic energy sector.
June 29th - Webinar 1: How have the pandemic and government responses to it affected utility financials? How are companies managing liquidity, investment and maintenance? What is Wall Street’s perspective?
Moderator: Gary Clark, Chairman, Florida Public Service Commission
- Dan Aschenbach, Partner, AGVP Advisory
- Beth Cooper, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
- Bill Graf, Partner, Deloitte Touche in Power, Utilities and Renewables
July 6th - Webinar 2: How has the pandemic affected customers short term and long term? How will the pandemic affect industry structure? What types of companies will have thrived and what types will not be around anymore? Did restructured markets fare differently from vertically integrated markets? What has happened to innovation?
Moderator: Lisa Edgar, Levin College of Law, University of Florida
- Joy Ditto, President and CEO, American Public Power Association
- Asim Haque, Vice President - State and Member Services, PJM Interconnection
- Ted Kury, Director of Energy Studies, Public Utility Research Center (PURC) at the University of Florida
July 13th - Webinar 3: What are the largest regulatory challenges? How have regulators responded to the pandemic and are their lessons learned? What ratemaking systems seem to perform best? Will the pandemic change regulation for the future?
Moderator: The Honorable Ronald Brisé, Government Affairs Practice Leader, Gunster Law, former Chair, Florida Public Service Commission
- Commissioner Julie Brown, Florida Public Service Commissions
- Hon. Tony Clark, Former Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Scott Hempling, Principal, Scott Hempling, Attorney at Law LLC