Once you purchase an item in the store, you will receive a purchase confirmation.
Energy Bar Association’s 2018 Annual Meeting & Conference! The event provided two full days of discussions focused on the legal issues related to all aspects of energy law.
Day 2 Closing General Session: FERC Former Chairs Panel - Tuesday May 8, 2018
This panel will provide unique insight into U.S. energy markets and infrastructure development opportunities from past FERC Chairs. This panel promises to be a lively conversation with strong audience involvement through Q&A.
The Panel will frame their conversation around the following topics:
- Prospects for reform of FERC natural gas pipeline regulatory policy, including review of the certificate policy statement, efforts to improve the timeliness of FERC review;
- Gas regulation issues, power generation and competition at the retail level;
- Explore concepts of energy federalism with three pivotal cases that delineate the boundary between state and federal jurisdiction: Oneok, EPSA, and Hughes and consider potential impacts on state and ISO/RTO market programs.
- Increasing trends and capability of alternative transmission solutions, including the transmission planning and compensation process, the legal obligations on the ISO/RTO’s through federal legislation and regulation to consider alternative transmission solutions.
- Expansion of the bulk power system, transmission growth and resulting benefits, including jobs, access to lower cost generation, grid reliability and resiliency, delivery of renewable energy and environmental benefits.